All abstracts have to be submitted online Click here to submit.
Abstracts submitted by post, fax or mail cannot be accepted.
Abstract submission guidelines 2017 are available in .pdf format (91.0 KB)
Abstract Submission is open since November 1st, 2016
Deadline for abstract submission will be March 1st, 2017
Notification of Acceptance or Rejection: March 20th, 2017
General Guidelines and Rules for Abstract Submission
Abstracts must be submitted using the official abstract submission form. The official language is English. Each abstract is assigned an abstract number. Once you have submitted, you will receive the abstract number. Please refer to this abstract number in any further correspondence regarding your abstract submission.
Once you have logged on to the system, you will be able to amend your submitted abstract up to the deadline date. There is no need to submit again.
Authors whose abstracts are accepted for presentation will be expected to attend the meeting and make their presentation. Notification of acceptance or rejection of abstract will be mailed by the 20th of March 2017.
Preparation of your abstract
- ELIGIBILITY: Abstracts submitted should be related to colorectal malformations or bowel inflammatory diseases. They must include data with clear descriptions of results and conclusions.
- ETHICS: It is in the responsibility of the author that the studies have been approved by an ethics committee
- IDENTIFYING FEATURES: The selection process will be blinded for author and center and an objective system will be used for marking. The names of authors and their affiliations (institutions) will be submitted on-line when you submit the abstract, but will be removed before the marking process. No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities should be listed in the title or the text of the abstract. Abstracts containing such information will not be accepted.
- FORMAT: Abstracts should be submitted in MS Word Document (.doc, .docx) editing as follows:
Font: Calibri, 10 point / Spacing and Indentation: single 0 point (before and after) Text body: Justified
Please put the TITLE in capital letters followed by AUTHORS (Surname N., Surname N.), AFFILIATION (Department, Hospital/University, City, Country in italics).
The abstracts should be structured in four parts:
- Aim of the Study
- Main results
- TEMPLATE: Each abstract should have a maximum of 250 words. Including tables, figures and graphs it should not exceed the template, which covers one page of A4. A maximum of two tables, figures or graphs are accepted.
Submission and review process
- When you enter the abstract submission site for the first time, you need to log in as a first time user. You will then receive full instructions how to submit your abstract. Please read these instructions carefully.
- When you submit your abstract you should please indicate if your abstract is a Clinical Case Discussion.
- If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same email address and password for each abstract.
- If you want to edit an abstract that you have previously submitted, you are able to do this through the system. Go to the submission page and follow the instructions. DO NOT RESUBMIT. If you want to withdraw an abstract please contact the congress chairman.
- We will notify authors regarding the acceptance or rejection of their abstracts by the 20th of March 2017. We will contact you by email. It is therefore imperative that we have the correct email address. The submitting author is responsible for keeping us informed if you change email address.
- The criteria for rejection are:
- Content irrelevant to the subject
- Unethical studies
- Word count exceeding 250 words or exceeding the space allocated in the template
- Abstracts with authors and/or institution name in the title or the text
Clinical Case Report Session
The purpose of the Clinical Case Report Session is to encourage everybody to submit interesting Case Reports for discussion. The Reports will be presented orally and there will be time for discussion. Please indicate when the abstract is submitted if you want to present during the Clinical Case Report Session.
Publication of accepted abstracts
All accepted abstracts will be distributed to all congress participants on a USB stick and will be available on an App
Manuscript submission for publication in Paediatric Surgery International
If you wish that your paper be considered for publication in the PSI Journal, please send electronically (firstname.lastname@example.org ) your manuscript to Professor Prem Puri by 24 April 2017.
Questions concerning abstract submission, manuscript submission or the scientific content of the meeting should be directed to the Chairman of the Scientific Committee. Prem Puri (email@example.com)